Saturday, July 4, 2009

Last Hurdle

We eventually got an email back, yesterday direct from the Border Agency itself, saying that they had written a letter on 30th June requesting the passport so they can issue the visa(!)

And Worldbridge sent an email a few hours later saying that The Border Agency had sent out a letter on 2nd July requesting the passport.

Are there 2 letters? Or did Worldbridge get it wrong AGAIN?

Anyway, the outcome is positive news, that my DH can personally trundle along to Duesseldorf (380 miles away) and pick up his visa on 8th or 9th next week, 1 week before our flights.

I have tried to put measures in place so that he will not be refused entry by the Security Guards into the Consulate to pick up his visa, which I am assured by the Entry Clearance Officer will NOT be the case, if he shows the email upon arrival.

So this is the last hurdle, getting to Duesseldorf, getting seen and obtaining the visa.

And packing the suitcases! What a relief it will be to finally get the visa, Inshallah, God Willing.

Then we can really start to look forward to the Fish and Chips, the trip to the coast, visiting relatives, shopping, seeing the kids playing in Grandad's garden, bouncing on Nanna's knee, having big squashy hugs with my parents and brothers and sisters and all the Aunties and Uncles! It will be the first time that most of my family will have met my husband and also the first time they will have met our new baby too.

At this point I want to thank everyone who has been there to support me during what has been for me sometimes very difficult, frustrating, depressing times. I would not have been able to get this far without the support and love of my family and friends and my buddies in Twitterland, (You know who you are! Hugs x x x) and of course my faith in God that everything happens for a reason, and that God knows best.

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased for you! Made my night this news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank you so much for this news. Please do some thing to inspire people to learn the Quran
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. May Allah reward you. Please Motivate people to learn the Quran .

    ReplyDelete